Jones, Rickie Lee - KicksVendor: Otherside Of Desier
NEW VINYL LP ON OTHERSIDE OF DESIDRE 2019
180 GRAM COLORED VINYL.
Kicks is an eclectic album of ten cover songs - from "Mack The Knife" written in 1928 for a German musical (known in the U.S. as The Threepenny Opera) that became a jazz standard, to "Bad Company" the eponymous theme song for the British rock band written in 1974. The arrangement and instrumentation, by producer Michael Napolitano (Ani DiFranco), provides a fresh and modern sonic infusion on every song. Rickie Lee Jones is that rare musician who has transcended the singer/songwriter mantle by incorporating different radio genres from the get-go and she continues that tradition on her album KICKS, a collection of songs from the great American songbook. The album spans two decades (50s-70s) of pop, rock and jazz, presenting her unique and sophisticated interpretations of these songs.
1. Bad Company (Bad Company, 1974)
2. My Fathers Gun (Elton John, 1970)
3. Lonely People (America, 1974)
4. Houston (Sanford Clark, 1964; made famous by Dean Martin, 1965)
5. You’re Nobody ‘Til Somebody Loves You (Russ Morgan, 1944; made famous by Dean Martin, 1960/1964)
6. Nagasaki (Ipana Troubadours, 1928; most famous by Benny Goodman Quartet, 1952)
7. Mack The Knife (Louis Armstrong, 1956; made famous by Bobby Darin, 1958)
8. Quicksilver Girl (Steve Miller Band, 1968)
9. End Of The World (Skeeter Davis, 1962)
10. Cry (Ruth Casey, 1951; made famous by Johnnie Ray and the Four Lads, 1951)