Dylan, Bob - DylanVendor: 1972
RARE/2HAND VINYL LP ON CBS 1973
CBS 69049 made in England.
Vinyl VG+. Cover VG+.
Dylan was compiled and issued with little input from Bob Dylan himself, using outtakes drawn from the Self Portrait and New Morning recording sessions. It followed the artist's departure from Columbia for Asylum Records, and the much-hyped announcement of his first major tour since 1966. Subsequently, it was seen as a cash-in and even a "revenge" move by Columbia, diluting the Dylan market just two months before the release of Planet Waves, and using two outtakes from the odd and much-derided Self Portrait album. The remaining seven songs are actually New Morning outtakes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Dylan
1. Lily of the West (Traditional; arrangement by E. Davies, J. Peterson) 3:44
2. Can't Help Falling in Love (George Weiss, Hugo Peretti, Luigi Creatore) 4:17
3. Sarah Jane (Dylan) 2:43
4. The Ballad of Ira Hayes (Peter LaFarge) 5:08
1. Mr. Bojangles (Jerry Jeff Walker) 5:31
2. Mary Ann (Traditional) 2:40
3. Big Yellow Taxi (Joni Mitchell) 2:12
4. A Fool Such as I 2:41
5. Spanish Is the Loving Tongue (alternate take) (Charles Badger Clark) 4:13