McCartney, Paul - Tug Of WarVendor: Odeon
RARE/2HAND VINYL LP ON ODEON 1982
Odeon 1C 064-64 750 T made in Germany with lyric inner sleeve.
Vinyl NM. Cover VG+.
Reuniting with producer George Martin was a bit of a masterstroke on the part of Paul McCartney, since it guaranteed that Tug of War would receive a large, attentive audience. Martin does help McCartney focus, but it's hard to give all the credit to Tug of War, since McCartney was showing signs of creative rebirth on McCartney II, a homemade collection of synth-based tunes. This lush, ambitious, sprawling album couldn't be further from that record. That was deliberately experimental and intimate, while this is nothing less than a grand gesture, playing as McCartney's attempt to summarize everything he can do on one record.
- “Tug of War” 4:22
- “Take It Away” 4:14
- “Somebody Who Cares” 3:19
- “What’s That You’re Doing?” (with Stevie Wonder) 6:19
- “Here Today” 2:27
- “Ballroom Dancing” 4:07
- “The Pound Is Sinking” 2:54
- “Wanderlust” 3:49
- “Get It” (with Carl Perkins) 2:29
- “Be What You See (Link)” 0:34
- “Dress Me Up as a Robber” 2:41
- “Ebony and Ivory” (with Stevie Wonder) 3:46